What started as this. Check the close up, stained, holes edging ripped.
Ended up as this
I cheated a little bit, but I couldn't resist! I found this vintage card table cloth in a $1.00 bin. It has holes and staines, but it has hand crocheted rick rack lace as an edging. It also has embroidery on the outer front corners. The fabric is a really nice linen. I tried to work around the stains. Made a pocket out of some of the edging. Made my own bias tape to match the waist band and ties, and made an extra long tie to wrap around or let dangle down the back, Oh, I had to put the pocket where I did to cover a bad stain. So this is another repurposing apron. I kind of think perhaps our grandmothers would have remade an item rather than throw it away. Andrea is wearing a dark skirt that I made for the 3rd grade play.
Well, I think I might sew up a couple of tea cozies that I cut out last night. Have a great night everyone!
Thank you for blogging with me tonight.